Overview of Judging
All the winners of the People of the Year Awards are nominated by the public and are selected by a panel of adjudicators.
Representatives from the Rehab Group, RTÉ, former winners, charity, media and business community come together every year to select the nation’s heroes.
Previous judges include GAA commentator Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh, RTE news broadcaster Eileen Dunne, and rugby analyst Brent Pope, along with the country’s senior media editors.
This year’s adjudication panel included:
• John Treacy (Chairperson) – CEO of Sport Ireland
• Aengus Mac Grianna – RTÉ broadcaster
• Ruth Scott – DJ and Radio Presenter
• Evanne Ní Chuilinn – RTÉ broadcaster
• Frances Black – Senator and Musician
• Susan Daly – The Journal
• Ian Kehoe – Sunday Business Post
• Jane Last – Independent News and Media
• Lucy Masterson – CEO of Charities Institute
• Eoin Murphy – Irish Mail
• Mary O’Sullivan – Sunday Independent
• Louise O’Keeffe – Former People of the Year Award winner
• James Patrice – Social Media Influencer and Presenter
• Simon Carswell – Irish Times
• Mo Flynn – Rehab Group
• Niamh Ní Churnain – RTÉ
• Kathleen O’Meara – Rehab Group
• Denise Dunne – RTÉ