People of the Year Award recipients tell us what winning the Award means to them.
- It is an honour to receive this award.
Katie Taylor Sports Person of the Year
- The children are the heros here. I'm humbled by the award.
Edith Wilkins International Person of the Year (2011)
- I was delighted that someone thought that what I did was worthy of such an award and it was great to meet all the other people who won – they all did amazing things.
Owen O'Keefe Young Person of the Year (2010)
- I was among magnificent winners the night I received the award and the whole experience has been wonderful. Ultimately, the award will allow us to make greater changes for the children we work for.
Debbie Deegan To Russia with Love (2009)
- It is a privilidge to be honoured this way by the people of Ireland.
Mark Pollock People of the Year Award Winner 2012
- I feel fantastic, like I won the lotto! It's nice that the awards make people known for something good that they have done.
AJ McCullough People of the Year Award (2011)
- I’ve been doing this for years and to me it is normal. I really felt very humbled to receive the honour.
Rio Hogarty Inspiring Mum of the Year (2010)
- I was honoured to be awarded with so many other worthy winners from all walks of life. Thanks so much to Rehab and QUINN-healthcare for a magical evening.
Michael O'Brien People of the Year Awards (2009)