People of the Year Award winners are a diverse group. They are people who bring joy and light to the lives of others, who have supported others in their darkest hours.They are individuals who have demonstrated their courage and energy in Ireland and throughout the world.
Nominations for the People of the Year Awards can be made in a number of specific categories or as a general People of the Year Award.
- The International Person of the Year – awarded to an Irish person who has made an outstanding contribution on an international level, or to a person from outside Ireland who has made a positive impact to life on the island.
- The Young Person of the Year – for exceptional achievements by a young person (aged 25 or under).
- Sports Person of the Year
- Community Group of the Year
- People of the Year Awards
General People of the Year Awards will be given to people who do not necessarily fit into the categories listed below, but who, in the view of the adjudicating committee, deserve the acclamation of the nation.
You can make a nomination here.
Please note that the adjudicating committee reserves the right not to make an award in a specific category and to transfer nominees to an alternative category at its discretion.